Watching NEFL Video Cams
VIEWING DIFFERENT CAMS
One 4K cam and three high-definition cams are available on this page. Three are mounted on the nest tree and provide different views of the nest. Another cam is mounted on a nearby tree at a lower angle and provides a long range view of the nest tree and the canopy. If you watch for a while, you may be lucky enough to see eagles flying to and from the tree, and when the eaglets get to a certain size, you will see them begin to branch and ultimately fledge the nest.
The four video cam views are accessed by clicking on “Other Views,” located at the bottom right of the screen when hovering over the video screen. The four views will be shown at the bottom of the screen as thumbnails, and you can simply click the view you want to watch. By default, the 4K cam has been selected.
At night, an infrared light is turned on. The eagles cannot see this light; it is outside their visible spectrum of light. Neither can humans. If you were at the nest site, looking up at the tree at night, you would only see light from the moon or stars. The infrared light is converted into visible light (black and white) by the camera..
THERE ARE 4 VIEWS
Our streaming partner, HDOnTap, provides thumbnails for “Other Views” — so, if you mouse over the cam, you will see all three cam views at the bottom of the screen. By default, the 4K cam will show up. Other cam views can be easily accessed by mousing over Other Views.
In the images below, note the “Other Views” at the lower right. You will see that if you mouse over the video screen. When you click “Other Views,” 4 thumbnails appear and you can select the one you want to see! To close the thumbnail view, click the “x” above the thumbnail strip.
TROUBLESHOOTING VIEWING ISSUES
Our streaming partner, HDOnTap, has some troubleshooting solutions that may be helpful if you ever encounter any of the following issues.
Buffering can occur for a number of reasons when viewing a live stream. While it is possible that buffering can occur due to the network at the camera site or the streaming provider’s network, the majority of buffering cases are the result of the viewer’s network, connectivity, or device.
HOW TO FIX THE ISSUE
- Check your internet connection.
Tip: You can check your internet speed at http://www.speedtest.net
- Force-refresh your browser.
Tip: Force refresh by pressing Ctrl + Shift + R (PC) or Command + Shift + R (Mac)
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
Tip: Click here for more information.
- Make sure you are using the most current version of your browser.
- Try using a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
- Try using a different device.
- Restart your computer or device.
- If you are using Internet Explorer 11, make sure you have the latest Flash installation at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
- Restart your router.
- Try a wired connection if you are on a wireless connection.
OTHER CAUSES OF BUFFERING
- Heavy Usage on Your Device
Many of our viewers like to keep tabs on multiple cams, however attempting to stream multiple cameras at once (or engage in other bandwidth-heavy activity like YouTube, Netflix, music streaming or downloading) may result in buffering.
- Network Strain
If there are multiple people or devices using your network (IE: connected to your home or office WiFI), the collective usage will impact the bandwidth available. Check to see if others are engaging in bandwidth-heavy activity like streaming or downloading.
- TV Usage
In some cases, TV usage may impact your available bandwidth. For example, AT&T Uverse television may share available bandwidth with Uverse internet, meaning that watching TV (especially in high definition) may cause buffering. Contact your TV/ISP if you believe this may be occurring.
IF YOU BELIEVE THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE CAMERA OR NETWORK
- HDOnTap strives to quickly re-establish access and live streaming any time an issue arises, and may already be actively working to fix a stream issue. Force-refresh your browser periodically to see if the live stream is back online
TIP: Force refresh by pressing Ctrl + Shift + R (PC) or Command + Shift + R (Mac).
- Occasionally, viewers notice and report issues before our team does. We appreciate these “heads up” notices. If you believe we may not be aware of a live stream issue, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DVR PLAYBACK FEATURE