We Need Your Help!
The AEF is in need of the following items. Some of these are basic everyday supplies, while others are much-needed large asset purchases. We welcome you to join our mission by taking a look at our Wish List and contributing where you can! For questions about wish list items, email Katelyn Dotson for additional details.
Help us using AMAZON SMILE
If you shop at Amazon to purchase and ship any of the following wish list items, you can benefit the AEF even further by choosing the American Eagle Foundation as your designated AmazonSmile charitable organization. A portion of your purchase will be donated to AEF, at no cost to you! Click the button below to start shopping via AmazonSmile:
Our Avian Care Specialists have a created a special wish list from Amazon.com — it’s so easy to choose from this list—and you will be giving the birds exactly what’s needed to give them the best care! This Holiday Season, please consider including a gift for our Eagles and other Birds of Prey! When you check out, make sure your gift is being shipped to the American Eagle Foundation—it will be one of the choices available!
If you would prefer to send a gift card in lieu of a physical item, you may earmark your gift card for any specific item or items you choose. Gift Cards are always welcome for Walmart, Lowes, Staples, and Home Depot.
- Screwdrivers and pliers
- Small Dremel for coping smaller birds
- Cable Ties: small to 7 and 9 inches
- 5 ft Poles: to mount scrub brushes
- Scrub brushes to attach to poles to clean bird room floors
- Metal Paint Scrappers: 2 or 3 inches wide to attach to scrub brushes
- Hand held scrub brushes
- Bungie Cords: various sizes up to 36 inches
- Duct Tape: Gorilla Brand
- Channel Locks: wrench
- Crescent Wrenches: various sizes
- Pipe Wrench
- Wire Cutters / Dyke Pliers
- Tool Belts
- Hand Saw
- Palm Sander: New or used in working condition
- Jig Saw: New or used in working condition
- Portable Table Saw: New or used in working condition
- Dewalt 40-Volt Max Lithium 400-CFM 120-mph heavy duty cordless leaf blower
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
There are many common household and disposable items that can be saved, repurposed and used to make enrichment toys for all our lovely birds! Enrichment toys provide mental stimulation to our captive birds and encourage natural behaviors. All items must be clean of food, dirt, chemicals, etc.
ITEMS THAT CAN BE BROUGHT IN FOR ENRICHMENT:
• Boxes from many different things! (nothing bigger than a computer screen)
ex: cereal, frozen pizzas, granola bars, bathroom products, etc
• Toilet paper and paper towel rolls
• Paper Bags (all sizes)
• Wrapping and tissue paper
• Computer paper (whole or shredded)
• Newspapers and Magazines (staples removed)
• Packaging paper (whole or shredded)
• Scrap cardboard from food items, packaging, etc.
• Phone books and other unwanted books
• PVC Pipes
• Scrap wood
• Paper egg cartons
• Clean stuffed animal toys
• Old hard plastic baby toys
Any questions or to arrange a drop off time, please email Ashley
Bird Transport Vehicle
The American Eagle Foundation is rooted in education. Our non-releasable, trained raptors are often transported to venues, schools, veteran homes, and workplaces both in and out-of-state for educational shows. Our current AEF Van is becoming aged and less-reliable. The AEF is in need of a new, safe van to continue this mission. Your donation here will be 100% earmarked towards the purchase of this new vehicle!