Participating in Dollywood Chat
SIGN UP FOR CHAT
If you have already created an AEF Chatroll Account in any eagle cam nest sponsored by the AEF (NEFL, DC/NA, SM), you do not need to sign up for a new account! Please proceed directly to Login Directions.
NOTE: The extension _AEF after a User name designates an AUTHORIZED moderator who has been Approved by the American Eagle Foundation to act on behalf of AEF in our chat room. NO ONE ELSE will be permitted to use the extension _AEF after their name. If you set up a user name that would lead people to believe you are an agent of AEF, when in fact you are not, you will be blocked from chat. So please do not do that! We want everyone to be able to chat, but we have to protect our “official” name.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A CHAT ACCOUNT WITH AEF, YOU NEED TO SIGN UP. This will enable you to participate in any of our chat forums without creating another account. If you already have an account at one of our other nests, you do not need to SIGN UP again!
THERE ARE 2 WAYS TO SIGN UP FOR CHAT
1) If the Live Q&A is open (if the current time is during the LIVE Q&A hours listed online), you will see a gray bar at the bottom of the chat window that says “Sign In or Sign Up with Chatroll.” Click “Sign Up” and a sign-up page will appear. Click the green button that says “Create Your Account Now” and a second page will appear requesting information.
If the Live Q&A is closed (if the current time is outside of the LIVE Q&A listed online), you will not see a “Sign Up or Login with Chatroll.” You will be able to log in to your user account by visiting this URL in your browser: https://chatroll-cloud-1.com.
NOTE: Even though you will be logged in, you will not see an editable question/ comment box on the Live Q&A until it has been opened during the scheduled hours listed online.
LOG IN TO CHAT
You will see two text boxes. In the first box, enter EITHER your email address or your user name.
In the second box, enter your password.
POPPING OUT CHAT
The good thing about chat is that it can be POPPED OUT. — moved around on your computer and placed anywhere you want it to be. You can also resize it!
POPPING OUT THE CHAT WINDOW: Look at the bottom lower right icon underneath chat (it’s a square with an arrow pointing in a northeast direction outside the square.) By clicking that little square, a separate chat window opens that you can move anywhere on your computer screen.
MOVE THE POPPED OUT CHAT WINDOW: Simply place your curser at the top of this new “popped out” window, hold down the left side of your mouse, and you can move the new chat window anywhere you want it to be.
RESIZE THE CHAT WINDOW: You can also resize the chat window by placing your curser at the lower right edge of the “popped out” chat window. When a horizontal arrow appears, hold down the left side of your mouse, and drag that edge to make the window wider or taller.
Help Us Make Our Chat Room Fun & Friendly!
- We ask all chat guests to be respectful, polite, and focused on eagles.
- First and foremost, the AEF National Arboretum Chat Room is a family and classroom friendly place and we ask that all chat guests respect the diversity of the room. Profanity, personal invective, or other inappropriate comments will not be tolerated. Disagreements might be 4 unavoidable but should remain polite, and they should never become arguments. Chatting is a privilege, not a right. If your presence is disruptive or inappropriate, moderators (mods) can timeout, kick, or permanently ban chat abusers, and can delete inappropriate posts.
- We request that guests refrain from touching on politics, religion, sports, TV shows, personal medical issues, and other unrelated topics. Although we respect your political views, please do not post them in the main chat, since this is not a forum for political issues.
- While we appreciate the knowledge chatters have gained through chat, we ask that they refrain from answering questions asked by fellow chatters, allowing the Moderators to respond, avoiding confusion or possibly posting incorrect information. If chat is busy and a question gets missed by a Moderator, feel free to provide the correct answer.
- We prefer that chatters focus on the Dollywood eagles featured on this page. We are aware that many of our chatters view other nests and like to share the news (eaglet hatchings, etc.), which is acceptable. However, please keep information from other nests to a minimum so we don’t confuse other chatters. If you feel the need to discuss other topics, please do so by using Private Messages (PMs).
- Due to how much space they take up in the chat window, we ask for Chat guests to not post strings of several emoticons, smileys, or random characters, either on a single line or in successive posts. We also prefer that guests not post in all caps, as it can sometimes be interpreted as YELLING.
Our Moderators volunteer 100% of their time to this project. We kindly ask that chat guests respect the Mods, who are here to make sure all viewers have a good experience.
If you have questions about the Eagles and would like to have a more in-depth conversation, please email email@example.com.