This live video stream you are seeing is from our HD PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) cam. It has incredible resolution, and we will be able to see the tiniest details of life in the nest. If you move your mouse over the bottom right part of the video screen, you can click to pop this video out to full size! At night, an infrared light allows viewing without disturbing the eagles in any way.
For the latest news from the American Eagle Foundation and this Eagle Nest, click the red "Free eNewsletter" button or click here to receive copies of our eNewsletter. Check the box on the right of the signup form to be included in the more frequent "Eagle Nest Fan" Newsletters for timely updates on exciting nest activities, including egg laying, pipping, hatching, and fledging.
Visit us on Facebook to see latest videos and photos from the nest!
The fluidity of the video image on your screen is determined by the
download speed of your internet service, and the processor speed of your
NOTE: The eagles you are viewing are wild birds, and anything can happen in the wild. The NE Florida Eagle Nest Cam does not interfere or intervene, and allows nature to take its course. You'll see life and you might see death, but this is real nature in action. Please be advised that this is a live feed of a natural bald eagle nest. Eagles feed on small mammals and fish, therefore the actions of the eagles in this video feed could occasionally contain graphic content. Not all content may be appropriate for all viewers.
Participate in Chat
We invite all our viewers to participate in our Chat feature. Chat is open every day, and you can join our group of Kindred Spirits to watch and talk about this special pair of eagles. This Chat is moderated by volunteers who are very knowledgeable about eagles and about the mission of the American Eagle Foundation. It is a very welcoming group, and we feel certain you will enjoy the experience.
The American Eagle Foundation sponsors TWO Bald Eagle nests. In addition to the NE FL nest which you see on this page, we also have a Bald Eagle nest in the Dollywood's Eagle Mountain Sanctuary. Nesting season usually begins in March for the non-releasable eagles, Independence and Franklin, who call Eagle Mountain Sanctuary home. As Sampson and Delilah are on the verge of fledging, Indy and Frank may well be laying eggs in the other nest! So excitement continues, with more baby eaglets to watch. The Indy and Franklin nest is streamed by UStream, and can be accessed both from our UStream channel or on this website.
For easy to follow directions on how to watch both cams AND participate in chat at the same time, click here for a PDF document which explains how to do it.
Our scheduled moderated Chat is open from 8-10 a.m. and 5-7 p.m. (EST) every day.
Chat Room Rules
1. Be respectful, polite and focused on eagles and especially the eagles at this “NE Florida Eagle Nest” site as well as the “American Eagle Foundation”. We are aware that our chatters view other nests and like to share the news. This is acceptable. However, please keep posts about other nests to a minimum so we don’t confuse other chatters. If you feel the need to discuss another nest, please feel free to use Private Messages (PMs).
2. No profanity, personal invective, or other inappropriate comments.
3. No comments touching on politics, religion, sports or TV shows that may not be suitable for family viewing. Respect the diversity of the room. Although we respect your political views, please do not post them in the main chat, since this is not a forum for political issues.
4. Considering this nest is located on private property (and not accessible to the general public), the nest location is to remain undisclosed. Please do not enter into discussion about the nest location.
5. Disagreements might be unavoidable but should remain polite, and they should never become arguments.
6. Do not post strings of several emoticons, smileys, or random characters, either on a single line or in successive posts. Do not post in all caps, it's like YELLING.
7. Allow mods to deal with chat abusers, do not engage them yourself, keep your posts relevant to the eagles.
8. Respect the mods, who are here to make sure all viewers have a good experience.
9. Chatting is a privilege, not a right. If your presence is disruptive, moderators (mods) can timeout, kick, or permanently ban chat abusers, and can delete inappropriate posts.
10. Medical - Although we care deeply about the health and well being of our chatters, we ask that all medical issues be kept private. If you wish to communicate with someone regarding your medical situation, please do so by means of Private Messages (PMs).
11. For people way off topic - Please remember the conversation should be focused on AEF. We are all very privileged to be able to watch these beautiful creatures and to be able to share the experience with our fellow chatters. If you feel the need to discuss other topics, please do so by using Private Messages (PMs).
If you would like more detailed answers to questions you may have, please check our Eagle Blog or email Bob Hatcher, our Eagle Expert, at EagleMail@eagles.org. Thanks for visiting! Please tell your friends about us, and come back often.